SIOUX FALLS ADVANCED MOVING 605-333-6000
Your Moving Checklist
Use this checklist to prepare for your move!
A month before the move
- Hire moving companies as soon as you know you know you will need a moving truck.
- Advanced Moving can help with packing and storage.
- Start to clean out closets, the garage, the attic, and the basement.
- Host a garage sale or donate your unwanted things to charity.
- Arrange to transfer school records.
- Request an address change from the Post Office.
- Notify magazines, charge accounts, insurance companies, clubs, and other organizations of your change of address.
- If possible, get owner's manuals for appliances in your new home.
One to two weeks before the move
- Make a "survival closet" of things you will need for the final clean-up and include a snack for the last day.
- If you decide to pack yourself, label all moving boxes as you pack. Write the destination room on the top of each box to ensure it gets to the right place in your new home.
- Schedule disconnects for gas, electric, water, telephone, and Internet. Don't disconnect the phone until after your move.
- Arrange for refunds that are due and schedule connections for your new home.
- Cancel newspapers, cable TV, pest control, cleaning help, lawn maintenance and any other services you receive.
The week of the move
- Mail in your change of address forms.
- Clean the stove.
The day before the move
- Clean the refrigerator, then defrost and dry.
- Get enough cash to tie you over.
- Say goodbye to your neighbors!