Childern and Moving
Moving into a new home can be a scary and exciting experience for all kids. How they react to the move will depend on their personality but also on how you prepare them for the big day. Advanced Moving is committed to help make your move go as easy as possible. Here are some tips to help make this transition a little smoother for you and your little ones.
1. Plan to make a visit to the new home before the moving day. Take a tour of the neighborhood and check out all cool playgrounds, climbing trees, restaurants, and any other fun spots. Make a list of all the cool places your kids want visit. Make sure to put this list on the refrigerator of your new home!
2. Pack all your kids items that they will need together in one box. Label it with their name on it, plus a big "open first". This way they will have their favorite toy, dvd, blanket, etc. right away in the new home. Let them know that you are not getting rid of their stuff, but carefully packing it into boxes so its all arrives at the new home safely.
3. Don't get rid of their old furniture just yet! The old bedroom furniture can provide comfort to them while moving into a new home.
4. Ask family or friends to take your kids on moving day, at least while the movers are loading at your current location. Moving can be stressful enough without having to keep on eye on the little ones.
5. Help your kids say goodbye to their friends and favorite places in the old neighborhood. Saying goodbye to friends helps with closure for all of us, especially young children.
6. Lastly help your kids meet friends in the new neighborhood. Take walk around when you are all moved in and meet your new neighbors!
This blog was written by Dondi Ahlers with Advanced Moving, hope it helps!